Saturday 27 June 2009

Armed Forces Day

It's Armed Forces Day today. I didn't know about it till today. I don't know if that means I haven't been paying attention or it hasn't been very well advertised. It certainly should have been advertised. I don't think our armed forces get enough appreciation from either the government or the public. I remember, though I don't have links to them now, various stories in recent months about soldiers being advised not to leave their barracks in uniform because of the prevalence of abuse. That shouldn't happen; our forces should be respected for the job they do for us, regardless of what we think about the political decisions that lead to their engagement.

My daughter has just told me they announced it at Wimbledon before start of play, which was nice.

1 comment:

neil craig said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.