S104 has an experiment asking us to measure the amount of fungus in the air using a sealed container of tomato soup.
This is not for the faint hearted.
The sheep can read, and are disappointed.
I had an irregular container. I measured its volume by filling it with water and pouring it into a measuring jug. I did the same with the tomato soup can and subtracted the one from the other to find the volume of air. Out of curiosity I weighed the full measuring jug (capacity 500ml). It weighed 490 grams, so either the scales are out, or the jug is out or we have strange water in Ringmer. I decided it was close enough for the purposes of this experiment.
Two days. I've never seen such patient wool carriers.
Four days. Signs of life at last.
Seven days - the full Monty. Ruffles threatens to throw Ollie in.
I have an awful lot of fungus. 3.2*104 fungal particles m-3 to 2 s.f. I suspect the container wasn't as clean as it should have been.